PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach radar courses
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 20:39
alfaman

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
alfaman,

Could I just ask that you broaden your thinking. There is no suggestion that people train by CBT then lob for an examination. That will never occur, just like no pilot gets a licence without many hours of actual flying. But the skills required to do that flying can in part be learned from Flight Sim and the like, saving the student countless expensive lessons and allowing him/her to develop sound subconscious skills before ever taking a formal lesson. Also, it gives him/her that vital and elusive quality confidence - they can see they have mastered the most difficult job in ATC - complex sequencing of high-speed aircraft - and nothing that formal training asks of them will seem difficult. No trainee pilot ever has any difficulty adapting pre-learned skills to what a live instructor tells them to do, they have learned an operating model upon which they build.
- my thinking is fine, thanks for asking - you might like to read my post again: my answer relates to the OPs question, since she/he's are interested in what would help them now, not a generic question about ATC training in general. I suggest you save that for another thread...or pay Pprune for an advert...