PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Flt Ops 'Management' - The Laughter Factory
Old 13th Jul 2010, 18:25
sandpitwantabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to shut up or move on!

Well I have read your posts and I agree with most of them, however I would like to remind you all why we are here:

Well in 2008 the **** hit the fan, recruitment stopped in most places and airlines went to the wall. A large number of you in Europe found yourselves with a P45 and no income with debts to pay off etc. I was one of them and took the first option of flying to the ME for a better life. I must admit I only could see the positives about working for QR and did not do my home work. What I was blind to was the way of life here with spys reporting to AAB, and I expect giving him other as well ! working in the tower I soon learned to shut my mouth and take the pay.

Pilots however want to take the pay and rant off, well if you cant stand the heat get out, I am not defending AAB but he has grown the airline from nothing to a world class business, he works all hours and micro manages everything. All I will say is that the only way to change things in QR is to change AAB and god knows many have tried and failed. AAB is fed lies by those who we threaten, or whom we appear to threaten. AAB must let go of some of his control one day and when NDIA opens I feel this will be the first step.

My advice is to take the cash, when another job comes along then take it, when the glorious day comes and QR is realy short of staff then they might want to take notice of us who were there.