PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is EK aviation's BP?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 10:45
Capt Roo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 380, perhaps you misunderstood my post.

I stated ‘did not accept a position with Emirates’. This means that I was offered a job, but declined (refused) that job.

“not cutting it” implies I was not offered the job – which is an incorrect, demeaning and slanderous interpretation.

I refused a Captain’s job on the 330, in part, because

1) The fundamental dishonesty of the recruiting team – they openly stated that seniority has no meaning in Emirates and implied that I could be an Instructor a few months after being checked out.
2) The rosters were tiring and acquaintances mentioned that a new policy not counting bunk-time to FTL limits was going to happen soon.
3) Sadly all the people in the recruitment process were expats who seemed to be quite willing to sell themselves and their principles in order to secure a short-term advantage. That is not conducive to a satisfactory long-term career.

I have not regretted my decision. Guys who were on the same interview with me are still in touch and their stories are not pretty.

Judging by your other postings, you seem to be a very argumentative and confrontational individual. I am not interested in a pissing contest with you, or any other EK-apologists.

The post was about excessive risk taking corporations and the possible consequences of that strategy. Please don’t make it personal, I will not be responding to you any further.

Cloud bunny - Buyer Beware. EK was not for me because i thought that they played fast and loose with the fundamentals of this industry - a true commitment to training and safety.

I could be wrong, then again I could be right.