PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Open Letter to 4 Forces AViation
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2001, 12:19
The Scarlet Pimpernel

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Although it was a schoolboy error not to extend the common courtesy of contacting the crew concerned or, indeed, the video company regarding issues of copyright, I think some people are being a tad harsh on the course that 4 Forces provides.

Whilst not vindicating them for using the video involving Hamrah, it is of little consolation to know that it formed a minute part of a discussion concerning CRM. Indeed, there were several of us on the course that saw no problems with the way the flight was handled and commented as such.

As for the rest of the course, I think it is largely irrelevant on what type of simulator you train on - the meat of the course is designed to teach you the basics of how to work properly in a crew environment not how to learn to fly a big jet. To that end I thought that the tuition at 4F was fine...in fact they were extremely flexible and professional throughout the sim phase.

In summary, I sympathise with Hamrah's issue although I'm not sure it should be aired on this forum. As for WWW, I generally agree with most of your posts on PPRuNe, but your vitriolic post on this issue when you have very limited knowledge of the course is somewhat naiive.