PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGTG / London Control
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2010, 01:07
Amcapt89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGTG / London Control

Hello there,

I am looking for a bit of advice on an IFR route from the ATCO's point of view, in terms of traffic management and flow.

I am planning to take an IFR trip with a twin engine aircraft, as a GA flight, from EGTC (Cranfield) to EGTG (Bristol Filton) and back.

I am perfectly aware of the UK airways system, IFR rules, flight plans and the use of them.

What I am after is a bit of advice in order to avoid trouble in what it is intended to be a pleasure flight, but at the same time safe, flawless and expeditious. In short I would like not to be in a half an hour hold over an enroute beacon because the planned flight is in the middle of the heaviest commercial network in the UK, and the controllers cannot give me any clearance.

As you know EGTC is O/CAS, therefore after my departure I would join the CAS at WCO NBD (Westcott) and then:

R41 NORRY L9 MALBY DCT OF

Planned FL: 100

Being ATCO you are aware of the traffic flow on the aformentioned planned route, and you might know if in normal traffic, weather and aerodrome conditions, the access at WCO and the planned route would be cleared.

Many thanks indeed for your help.

amcapt89