PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Australian Flying's E-news
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 04:18
VH-FTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most likely I am slipping beyond AF's target auidence these days (I'm not an eager wannabe who buys every flying gadget available), but is anyone else disappointed with what is contained within the magazine each edition?

I'm very happy for the editor that he's learning to fly, but do we need to hear about it every edition? Yay, you went and did some steep turns...

I've never met Jim Davis, I'm sure he is a likeable and intelligent pilot. However, his articles smack of someone at the aero club bar telling war stories and explaining how he could do things better.

Overall, it's an improvement on what was produced a year or two ago but it still leaves me feeling empty.

The positive from the latest issue was the seaplane pilot story. Maybe more of these articles perhaps? It might give pilots some motivation and an insight into their first job.

Before someone pipes up and says 'well just don't buy it', I was given a subscription as a gift. I have no intent to renew it when it runs out at this stage.