PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Closure of YMPC, YMEN and YMMB
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2002, 10:23
Hone22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad but true...............

Same thing happening all over the free world, back at NZPP people would call up the aeroclub and complain about ac noise (in the training area) and general environs ruining their G & T's etc....

The aerodrome was established many, many years before 90% of the current housing existed and once again the proximity of the field had an effect on the land values (cheaper).

Developers have squashed housing as close to the field as possible, people bought (cheaper) and now have the gall to complain about the noise (err, and the effect on land value (i want to sell it dearer)).

Yes they all cry safety, a plane could come crashing through my roof killing my sixteen children, should be banned.........., haven't you been reading the papers and how dangerous ac are?

In YSCB developers want to plonk a few hundred/thousand?? houses directly under the flight path of 35/17.

Yep!, can already hear the screams about ac noise from the silly badgers who will stupidly purchase blocks and build there (just like Jerrabomberra).