PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 08:41
rocco16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may just be a simple lad, but to me this all seems a little on the petty side

If there was a falsification on the license application then that is for the CAA to deal with.

If there is a club that leases a part of the airfield then the management should butt out and leave them alone - as long as by doing so does not breech the integrity of standard airport security - for that is what Oban is, like it or not, it is an airport. If security means that the club have to play ball a little, then so be it.

The management should respect the club and the club should respect the management. Both should respect the GA community and air transport users of the airport and stop this stupidity.

I have visited Oban in the past few months and found it a very welcoming place. The AFISO was not as some suggest on here. I was told where to park, but I expect that everywhere I go. I parked approximately where I was told and nobody came out with a tape measure shouting at me. I had a lovely cuppa and biscuit with the firemen - the same people that are the AFISO's. They helped us get information about the weather to the north from an outbound scheduled flight over the radio. They didn't bat an eyelid when we started the engine without asking first. I honestly think, when reading some of the comments here, that I am reading about a different airfield

Come on guys, for the good of the GA community, the airport, the flying club, the council, the community, etc, stop all this "it's my ball and you're not playing with it" nonsense and get back to aviating... for aviations sake!
I had a similar experience and was well looked after as we had a 1.5 hour wait for fuel even though we had booked it the previous evening.

We were shown around including the tower (which they pointed out was built 90 degrees out, short obstructed side to the runway).

I think like every visitor, we felt it was a great place not quite firing on all 6 and hopefully for everyone things will improve.