PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Palermo ATR Crash received 10-year sentences
Old 4th Jul 2010, 23:46
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I just finished reading the report. I thought that it was quite well done. Wish the ANSV would put out more english reports. Near the very end, however, is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in the many accident reports I have read over the years.

It is not unusual fpr comments to be made at the end of a report such as this by representatives from another country. In this case, the Tunisian DGCA claims that the accident did not happen in Italian waters(denied by the Italians) and therefore the Tunisians should have been the lead investigators. They say that the Italians were claiming that the "Tunisian authority was shackling the investigation process and Italian authority have banned Tuninter further to first ANSV findings and recommendations."

At the end the Tunisians say "ANSV is not competent to conduct this investigation" and "Above mentioned report is null and void".

While there have not been many crashes in Tunisia, the was an Egyptair 737 a few years back. No report has ever been seen by me. I wonder if they wanted this one to disappear as well. Just like so many other accident investigations in Africa.