PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia challenged by AFAP for CR FO pay
Old 4th Jul 2010, 13:29
SilverSleuth

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
6100 you really are sniffing the mushrooms aren't you.
"VA will be doing wide body on separate conditions but be part of VB." ???? Keep dreaming...
You really haven't got a clue have you. And as far as VA effecting any eba vote. I'm sure the almost 1000 drivers at VB aren't too concerned.
I think you and all VA people should be praying they give you a go at the bottom of the VB start dates. Considering you are on contracts that would be good thing for VA drivers.
As already said VA will be under review to make a profit or shut down. May be 12 months 18 whatever. Fiji and phuket will be dropped very soon. There will no more 777s, very little upgrades. if or when it does get combined don't expect any VA driver to be upgraded ahead of any VB driver. JB is a big believer of seniority. (oh and once again VA is 100% VB owned) !!
I am not against the company bringing on the VA drivers under the Vb pilot group however don't be naive. your start date will be blended into that of the VB pilot group as it should.
As far as conditions go that will be decided in the forthcoming EBA. But is pretty obvious it will ALL be under the one pilot group.