PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia challenged by AFAP for CR FO pay
Old 4th Jul 2010, 02:22
SilverSleuth

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
6100 wrote: My mail is that the 4/7 rule has pretty much run its course because the 6th and 7th aircraft probably won't ever arrive, and we already have the numbers to comply with the 4/7 rule for 5 aircraft. Therefore the majority of command slots in the future should come from SFO's.

That said, if there are no more aircraft coming, the only command slots will come from attrition. There is a reasonable amount of older guys who joined from Singair and CX who will be moving on in the next year or two, so there is definitely some room for movement for SFO's, but not a lot.

Once the 4/7 agreement has been met, I doubt that there will be another 73/ejet captain offered a slot ahead of SFO's. But I could be wrong.
yes your mail is very wrong. V Australia no longer has a CEO and shortly a separate flight ops division. Incase you missed the memo they will be integrated and V will Not be getting any more 777. JB does not like the 777 set up at all as it is a constant loss making division. Expect a timeline for them to make a profit or they will be gone completely in the future. Which is the hot tip. A combined seniority is tipped where all V Australia pilots will get there start date in relation to the VB pilots and promotion will be based on that. And before you say it just remember VA is 100% owned by VB. It is there airline to do what they want. JB won't keep a loss making venture going very long at all.