PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 13:54
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CabinCrewe
Are locals genuinely "excited" about the prospect of an EK 773 and BA 747 ? Red Arrows, A380 flypasts etc maybe....
I have to presume that is only the "Reggies" that are getting really worked up about this. It's a PR based thing for NCL & also an opportunity for NCL & the airlines who will no doubt both have their marketing machines locked in overdrive.
Gone are the days when the airport can make a big thing by inviting public attendance, as ironically there would be no where for a volume public attendees to view any visitors. It is also a Monday & basically "Joe Public" doesn't get worked up about the odd 777 / 747 that visit / divert in on an irregular basis. Incidentally there is even the chance that the EK 777 & the BA747 could both theoretically have visited NCL previously.
As for Red arrows, then the reaction at NCL would be no different from anywhere else, though perhaps slightly more indifferent as they are fairly regular visitors in any event.
Now if someone wants to fly a 380 (of which I have not heard anything at all) at c. 200ft down the runway then I really can't even see that stirring up a great deal of interest to the average inhabitant of Tyneside, though I'm sure that from a suitable angle it would provide a great publicity shot.