PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-400 ferry to EGBP - Kemble
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 14:21
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you know that 737 hasn't done all of those things? For all you know he may be prepared to learn as much as possible by seeking any local knowledge from those who have done it. For example, who will tell him to be careful about not confusing Kemble with some of the other local airfields which tend to stand out more than Kemble when approaching from the West.

In my opinion you are a dangerous sort of person to have around aviation because you discourage people from asking questions in case someone thinks they are stupid. You may have had a long and safe career yourself but I wonder how many others have got into trouble because of your attitude.
You see, this is supposed to be a forum for "The very best in practical technical discussion on the web" yet apparently it's actually the "free, might be accurate if you're lucky, preflight briefing service".

It's not my intention to disuade anyone from asking a question, but I do believe people should ask the question in a manner that is likely to yield accurate information. And for specific operational information this is NOT the place and I'm really surprised a professional pilot would think so given the well established methods we have within the industry.

As per Chesty's comments.

Anyway, I sense I'm repeating myself. I have nothing more to say on the matter other than I hope the OP has a safe flight.

For myself, I'm off to find some red meat.

pb