PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Fingerprinting
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 13:46
HighFlyer75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSA Fingerprinting

I am in the process of organising flying training in the US and I have got to the point where the TSA have accepted my documents and have requested fingerprints.

I want to maximise my time in the US so I went to a fingerprint collection agent in Europe (because I believe it can take up to 5 days to get them approved in the US and you can't fly until this happens). As it turns out, this was probably a good idea as I am apparently one of the "3% of people who do not give good fingerprints" and it was a real struggle to get a good set of prints. Even with the best efforts of the person who collected my prints, he was still concerned that they might not be of a high enough quality when they are scanned and sent to TSA.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience and, if so, what the outcome was. I was told that if the prints are rejected that I can resubmit them again (after paying the pre-registration fee again) but I am not really sure how that would help if my prints in general do not have good clarity. From other peoples experience, will this be the end of my chances of doing flight training in the US or is there the possibility of some work around as the problem doesn't appear to be something that I personally can do anything about.

Thanks.