PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-400 ferry to EGBP - Kemble
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 10:12
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much as I'd love to indulge in a discussion about the nature of Britain versus england versus the UK etc, Hawker you are of course quite correct.

And frankly I don't care, because it is not germane to the point of this thread. Neither do I care if you consider it rude; the fact remains that we have an entire infrastructure dedicated to providing flight planning information and a guy that doesn't seem know how to use it. (I mean if it was his first trip to somewhere like Chambery, fair enough, although the question then would be why isn't the operator providing you with a Cat C brief/training).

And we are not talking about a new PPL here, this is someone who intends to fly a complex airliner. An aircraft that is (or can be ) certified for P-RNAV approaches, in a pretty benign part of the world. Now of course if there are no published approachs then you need to make a visual approach not make up your own RNAV one, but my point is if you can't get into the right part of the sky to do that in a 737-400, even if the local aid is only an NDB, then there is something seriously wrong.

And if there is an unresolved question, go to the horses mouth! Get on the phone and ask the relevant authority (in this case calling Kemble Ops would be a good place to start)

But using a set of anonymous forums instead? COME ON.

And people wonder why the perception of our profession is going down hill.

God forbid this guy has an incident. Can you imagine the subsequent day in court? Could you really rely on information gathered here to show that you'd discharged your planing obligations as the commander?

pb