PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap type rating for Citation XLS???
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 08:55
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again...

So everybody here in the forum are saying doesnt matter how long it takes to get a highly paid job i should wait for it for years and years ......

I should not face the reality and should not build some hours on JET.

I should just keep my licence current by paying for IR ETC ETC....

goood
Now then, BJA, so in the end you do want to earn a living through flying?

Allright, I´ll break it down for you:

your profile says, you are in Sri Lanka. Lets say, there are 2 Charter operators there:

Company A, who trains its pilots, pays them and generally has a good attitude towards safety etc.

Company B, who presses all it can from its pilots, probably is as cheap in maintenance as it is with its employees.

Your 'masterplan' is to fly for B until A takes one new hires and you will be the candidate to fly for them.

Why this often does not work is, that A either can´t compete with B for a very long time and will be driven out of business by these practices. Another version is, that A employs he same tactics as B. Nothing to win for you then, young Einstein?!
The third thing that could happen to you is, that A simply does not employ people that flew for B.

Lastly, you could get away with it and happily fly with decent salary and good general conditions. UNLESS there is the next special needs person trying to buy himself into the business and undermine YOUR T&C´s.

Go figure.

BTW, I´m a chief pilot (very small ops, so probably not having an impact) and CVs saying fly for food etcetc. go to the bin. Directly, no stops.
I worked long and hard for my career, there is nothing wrong with that. (from school to ATP 12 years, in steps [Electrician, PPL, CPL, IFR]

If its only daddies money you spent, go ahead.