PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship (again)........
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 03:10
Bing Gordon

Location: the moon (i was the 8th man there, first with a moustache)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Mighty Mouse as j3 said, move your jetstar cadetship thread to the wannabees forum. Every person that opens a jetstar cadetship thread in the GA forum is going to go through this. The people here are GA (both current and ex), and are going to keep giving their opinion on this if it keeps being raised.

I don't think there are too many people that disagree with the premise of a cadetship - if it is done under the right circumstances. You need to understand that Australia (and NZ) are already saturated with highly qualified GA guys who have been working their guts out for years for this opportunity. If the situation was different and the airlines had absorbed all the GA guys who wanted to move on and were still screaming out for more pilots, then sure, get a cadetship going, I don't think there would be much opposition.

Surely you can understand why this upsets people. There has been an unofficial order of progress in Aussie Aviation forever, and the goal posts have just moved. Some people here are trying to give valid info (as the cadetship is truly disgraceful, even if we did need it) and others are simply upset. You are already talking down to these people, the people that will be sitting opposite you when you get on board that jet.

What are you going to say when they ask the inevitable question, "so what's your experience?"