PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship (again)........
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 01:55
solowflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me start out by saying I don't have a problem with Cadetships and there will always be an argument for who is better Mil/GA/Cadet etc depending on who you talk to and what route they took.

After reading most of the posts in this thread there seams to be alot of pepole with a great deal varied experience trying to pass on their hard earned experience and an equal amount of people with stars in their eyes.

To all you people that are going through the process of applying or about to apply good luck and I hope it all works out BUT here is the BUT Please take on board what others have to say and weigh up all oppinions and do your homework befor signing on the dotted line. Six years is a long time and alot can happen in that time lets have a look at a senario that is quite common.

You got in and now in the drivers seat of a A320 you have the uniform and the chicks are lined up at the door. Now looks like the take home pay will be say $800 a week, sweet beats working a Mc D's and still living with mum and dad in Sydney.

So now got the job and the cash lets go get that new Holden you always wanted for say $30g loan thats $150 a week laves you with $650 no worries can handle that.

Work sends you a memmo a few weeks later telling you that you will be getting rebased to Perth oh no got to move out of home accros the country and rent a flat $150 -$200 a week no problem can handle that $450 a week left.

12 months later your girlfriend tells you she is up the duff and so you move into a house togeather she can't work so take away another $200 a week to upgrade to a house. Ok Starting to get worried now $250 a week to live off and bring up a baby on. I need a better paing job. Oh Sh#t still have 4 years left at jet* for till end of bond.

Sound Like this will never happen to you? Well this is what could happen and does happen, its called life and those with experience are trying to help by giving advice as chances are they have been there and done that. Like I said think very carfully before signing on the dotted line.

One other thought what happens if you lose your Medical with 6 years of bond to pay back?