PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap type rating for Citation XLS???
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 23:30
potatowings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is ridiculous man, why the hell would you ever consider doing that.

I know of 4 people who are unemployed and all got offered a job using a rating they currently have and were presented with a bond. Of course they didn't accept, because they come with a rating.

If you not only pay for your rating, but then work for free, you offer no value to yourself or our industry, and by "our industry", I mean all of us that work hard to earn MONEY. Why not go the whole hog... Pay for your TR, work for free, pay for your hotels AND sign a bond!

You are not a charity and as such are doing no one any favors by flying for free, especially not yourself, but more importantly me!

Think about it:
1. Whoever owns that plane has spent millions and can therefore afford to pay both your TR plus your wages.
2. If they can't afford it, then run away, they can't afford the plane, your hotel bills, or you airline flight home when their plane gets impounded.

If it's an operator that's insisting on this, then that unscrupulous bd is simply pocketing your TR costs and your salary and ring you for your time.

Save your cash, invest it in BP and be better off in the long run!!!