PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli-Charter Open Day
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 15:23
Sliding Doors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WFS,

I didn't suggest what you were trying to do was in any way negative. Or that it might not be of interest or use to other pilots.
Neither would I complain about money going to any air ambulance charity.

we are well aware of the rules and it was going to be conducted accordingly
They were your posts (twice) that clearly stated that it wouldn't be conducted accordingly . Better to be advised before the event if perhaps you're risking interest from The Feds or problems should there be an incident. You went public first. Pity you can't appreciate that perhaps I was trying to help you

Perhaps those who take the 222 trips will still voluntarily donate the £40 per seat to a worthwhile cause. So no 'shame' as now potentially without deductions for fuel costs the KAA will get more £ unless your poor faith in human nature is proved to be correct (Lets hope not as attendees are most probably the like minded individuals you've described).

I guess as the flights are now complimentary that my understanding of the situation was correct. I mean you could actually have originally posted that 222 rides were going to be free but that you'd be asking for a voluntary donation to the KAA Guess nobody thought of that Will there now be a limit on the number of 222 trips that are available?

Alternatively, try reading the guidelines again!!!

The carriage of passengers on an aircraft for which any payments made are donated in their entirety to a registered charity.
Get the approval from the CAA and you could still legitimately charge for the seats then simply pass ALL the money taken to the KAA A more pertinent shame is that you cannot/have not realised that

It really isn't that difficult but like you said, you have more important things to concern yourself with regarding the day

The 'real' shame is 'new name', 'same standard'

In future I'll leave you to your own devices. I do have better things to do with my time

Last edited by Sliding Doors; 1st Jul 2010 at 05:31.