PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ruminations on printer ink
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 12:40
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheShadow
Canon, HP and Brother inkjets, even Lexmark inkjets are reliable printers, even though of quite dissimilar performance.

However because EPSON inkjet printers are so unreliable they are best steered clear of. Go away on a four week holiday and the printheads dry up. You'd be lucky to ever clear them. New printheads cost as much as a printer. Six to seven weeks without use and they are DEAD DEAD DEAD.

I've wasted over a $1000 on EPSON printers, mainly because when they're working they perform well, although they only use 80% of the ink in a cartridge before the automatic chip in each cartridge says it's empty. The chips in the cartridges on the older EPSONS used to be able to be reset and the cartridge refilled. Now EPSON has made them unresettable so you can only utilise their expensive cartridges.

I've resolved NEVER to EVER buy another EPSON printer (inkjet or not) and I'll never bypass an opportunity to educate the rest of the world about what a rip-off the EPSON brand is. EPSON is the only inkjet that suffers from this printhead clogging malady. All the others have found a way around it, including incorporating the printhead in the cartridge itself.
Seconded!!