PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broadband/phone packages UK
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:26
Non-Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Broadband/phone packages UK

Maybe I'm being a tight-wad, but.....

Have been with Tiscali for about 3 years and now that Talk Talk have completed the takeover they have kindly informed me they're jacking the price by 25% for the same package. Whilst the overall hike ain't a great deal of cash (not a heavy user of phone or broadband) it does grate. That said I can't find anything much cheaper and a key point is I don't want to change e-mail addresses. We do have Sky so was wondering if that incremental cost was better but can't confirm categorically if the tiscali e-mail will still work on POP3 with Thunderbird through Sky (Talk Talk claim it will stay live if I use it every 30 days). I have a general dislike of webmail (must be my age).

Any thoughts on Sky as a provider, any alternatives and a robust way of continuing POP3 service on same address ? We have a ~5MB performance limit on current BT line and whilst we have had a couple of very frustrating outages, on the whole the current service is fairly reliable. I have tried negotiating with TT but the best I can get is 0870 numbers thrown in