PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are YOU getting what you paid for????
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2002, 04:45
FRIDAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are YOU getting what you paid for????

My query?
As many of you are all at different stages of training or about to begin, no doubt you are resonably happy with your training if not your in the process of changing elsewhere for one reason or another. However to a newbie-innocent to the ways of flight training how can you be fully assured the training you are receiving is correct or sufficient. Of course some students will always be better then others and its persumed that unless you pass the flight test or written your not capable enough to indulge in your new found skill. The instructors encountered are of all different levels, even though if you stick with the same one and are happy enough, he/she may be lacking knowledge that another instructor may have to pass on to you, but your not to know. You may just get enough to pass from one instructor or FTO or you may get the instruction that puts you in a different league all together. Is it the luck of the draw if one instructor hammers away the necessity of trim on final for example and another does not place much of an importance on it, If your fresh faced and new to the game you may have just missed a vital "TIP" or instruction, and plod along oblivious.
My only idea on ensuring proper instruction is to study as much as possible talk to other students on their experiences and KNOW what the proper norm is, and without stepping on too many toes point this out to an instructor during my constant question time.
Is this arrogance or should every student be more then willing to just shut up and listen, without being the all knowing arrogant kid how can you ensure your getting what you paid for PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTION??????????
Any views people.

Real men land where they want