PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why NCO's Are The Backbone Of The Military!
Old 27th Jun 2010, 07:56
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Samuel
Cobblers mate! I went through the ranks and was commissioned the hard way, so I know from personal experience that your analogies are utter nonsense. NCOs are an important part of the command chain and no one who has ever served in any capacity would deny that, but "enlisted servants?" Complete and utter bolleaux! It's a team effort, but the buck in my experience most certainly didn't stop at any SNCO under me.
Samuel, I note where you're from. Went in to Amberley once. My uncle, first time I had seen him, and an ex-digger, had been given permission to meet us.

He was on the apron when the door opened. I think he expected us officers to dismount, riding boots and swagger sticks, while the 'man' (we only had two crew chiefs) did the work.

Instead he was amazed how we all piled in, panel opening, power conections, fuelling hose etc etc while we all did the rapid turn round.

So for some it probably hasn't changed; for others it is only team work that makes it work.

But then there are WOs.