PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Autorotation: Hitting the spot
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2010, 04:02
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless,

Couldn;t agree more, rotor speed, rotor speed.....you can never have too much, coincidentaly just did my PPC 2 weeks ago, check pilot and I had this conversation about overspeeds, and both came to conclusion, F#### the overspeed in real life....least of our worries, and we both had donks quit for real in times past, by the time we reached spots , rotor was pretty much doing nothing, re hard landings, but walk away.

Kinda hard when the donks quit, when your;e doing vertical reference, at 150ft to make any sense of anything we were taught, by the time you realise, and get your head up, you have just got to go with the flow and hope the life presavation that kicks in works, although always been taught in that situ, pick the tree/spot if your lucky and don;t change your mind, no time, just go for it.......worked for me
.PS SAS, when you flew N.Sea, did you ever fly outta Strubby or Bristows at Holten le Clay I think it was Late 70;s if ya did, mayb it was you I heard goin out at night.... small world.