PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship (again)........
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 05:40
clinty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar physc testing

Hi Crew

I'm here to divulge some insight into Jetstars stage 2 testing and interview. I thought Id help out those interested with some valuable info because I have recently sat the exams.

It consists of a computer based 3hr examination that covers

1. Yech questions, most of these are found in ATPL aerodynamics and systems about jet operations.

2. A maths test that covers long division, algerbra (4x+6=9y find X) kinda stuff aswell as pythag therom etc.

3. personality testing. You know the type

4. Motor skills testing with our old favourite the joystick and pedels. Basically the idea with this one is keep the aircraft on the glide slope and the ball in the middle which appears below the simulated ILS.

the other motor skills test involves entering given alts, heading and radio frequencies while killing a red light that systematically appers in the top left and right corners.

I wasn't successful and so find myself sitting in a bar am MLB airport drowning sorrows. My apologies for any spelling and/or punctuation errors.

On the positive side I met a great bunch of blokes (9) and the sun will still come up in the morning. I'm off to chase my other love, float planes!!

any Q's feel free to PM me.

clinty83,