PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship (again)........
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 13:17
Private Patjarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar

Probably worth thinking about;
- I don't believe it says there is any guarantee Jetstar have to offer you a job at all,
- I don't even know if Jetstar management would know where the future growth of the airline will be,
- Its well likely the employment a cadet would be offered would be to fill vacancies on the offshore expansions (on that countries local conditions). ie where the Aussue EBA pilots won't leave or take leave to go to,
- I haven't heard if a cadet would appear on a seniority list (and from what I've heard from a friend in Jetstar, with the total lack of movement forecast in the Aus RBA ranks you would likely be overseas for a long time!

Given all the above, everyone has a choice to make for themselves. I guess it's nobodys place to tell someone else what to do. I do think that many considering the cadetship would be best to get some insight into the obvious direction Jetstar is heading with offshoring of employment and how that will affect their possible future.

Having said that also. If someone thinks that the shoe fits them then the best of luck. I hope it is everything you are looking for.