PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship (again)........
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 03:13
Aerozepplin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting news from the inside is that they are using the reverse recruitment method theory. This theory states that standard aptitude testing has serious inherent flaws. As the applicant is obviously aware they are being tested they are able to distort their results in a manner they feel is conducive to the companies requirements. For example, by knowing that airlines look for team players who are also willing to query or challenge the actions of their team when required, I can at the very least “drift” my answers to meet these expectations.

While the creators of these test are aware that this is human nature, and so design safe guards into them, there are acknowledged limits. In the example of this scheme, the plan is most likely dangle the “carrot” of a job in a shiny jet to potential applicants but then provide a series of obstacles. These begin with the published low pay, the poor conditions, and shaky job security. Beyond this I can only assume that there will be interviews where inappropriate questions are asked, strange conditions attached, and dubious requirements floated. If at this stage the applicant withdraws (as some have done it seems) they are offered a position with the company. The shocked applicant is then briefed on how Company X requires crew with a high level of situational analysis, hazard identification, and a general level of self preservation, and that by rejecting the offer they have clearly demonstrated these qualities. Applicants who wish to continue are given a standard “thanks but no thanks” letter.