PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - regle
Thread: regle
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2010, 11:08
Madbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regle

Icare thanks for the update. Jack your best wishes are seconded!

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Reg but have always enjoyed his posts and wish him well. I am sure that, like Reg, my father would have many more stories to add to this thread. (MODS can this be posted on the gaining a brevet thread at the same time?) He was RAFVR 1940-6 and after training in Canada was "creamed off" to become a QFI on Harvards aged 19. Afterwards he flew Hudsons, Whitleys, Stirlings and Dakotas.

Sadly my father who is now 87 is not well and is certainly not computer literate or else he might have joined PPruNe himself but I shall be seeing him tomorrow so maybe I could be his ghost-writer, not that my ability is anywhere near as our maestro Reg's! Interestingly, he only has begun to speak of his wartime experiences in the last couple of years - before then it was a "closed book" - even though, I had 10 years in the RAF myself and could relate to a lot of his experiences - including the loss of various friends in flying accidents.

I hope the attached photos come out - they are my first attempt at doing so on PPRuNe.

IMG]http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/Wing-Commander/Pic1-1.jpg[/IMG]

MB