PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Matt Hall loads his pants!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 09:56
spindoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI

Hello to All,

I am writing everyone today to let all of you know that as of two days ago our company, MX Aircraft, formally excluded itself from supplying aircraft for use in the Red Bull Air Races. Many things have contributed to our decision to withdraw from the sport (show) including first and foremost the arrogant unsafe and foolish approach to aviation exhibited by those currently running the races. If it were an honest sporting event I believe the constant grief associated with involvement might be overlooked but unfortunately it is not. What all of you see and think you know about the air race is a far departure from the truth. My personal dealings with the big Austrian company over the years have done nothing but make my blood boil and my hair turn grey so I finally woke up two days ago and decided enough was enough. Life is simply too short to be constantly pushed around, lied to and underappreciated. I also believe it will be just a matter of time before worse things happen than someone ditching in the water and I don’t wish to be a part of that.

We will again focus our attention toward manufacturing first class aerobatic and sport aircraft which is the main reason we developed our planes to begin with. If there’s one positive I can draw from my experience with the RBAR it’s that we have been forced to continually refine our planes over the years and as a result we are now producing 1150 pound six cylinder all composite aircraft. Pretty amazing as back a year or two ago I for one never thought it would be possible. And it appears you can run them into the water pretty hard and survive also.

I fully expect to be punished by Red Bull in the near future for this statement as I’m sure they will use their ever powerful media machine to make false accusations and mop the bathroom stalls of aviation with my company but I just wanted to give everyone a personal explanation for our departure from their series. At this point I really don’t care what they do, I am just relieved to be removed from the madness!

Thank you all for your time and understanding in this matter.

All the Best!

Chris Meyer

MX Aircraft

Well done Chris.