PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ergonomics of a Cessna 152
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 13:54
ronniehuang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I've had another lesson today and I think I found a comfortable strategy. Firstly I'd like to say that wearing only a long sleeved polo shirt was actually warm enough. So no more thick jackets. No more death grips on the yoke. As a result of that my arm and wrist weren't sore at the end of the lesson. Lastly I moved the seat back by about 1". The result of this was to make me reach a little further for the controls. By doing that my torso was twisted just slightly but not enought to make it uncomfortable. This meant enough room for all. Downside of moving the seat back and inch now my leg is pretty much at full extension when pushing the rudder controls. Surprised but thankful, after an hour of flying I actually still felt quite good. Now, a few hours later, I'm still ok with no aches or pain. Thanks for the advice guys!

On a slight different and possibly off topic note, is it worth changing instructors just because of the the plane they use. Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy flying in a 152 given I haven't flown anything else and the instructor clearly knows his stuff but am I missing out not training on a different aircraft? There a other outfits in the area that use PA38's, 150/152 and DA20's. Being only 4 lessons in I'm not that attached to my current school yet.