PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia challenged by AFAP for CR FO pay
Old 20th Jun 2010, 03:24
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Anthill, I've read the Deed and I have read the VA employment contract. There is a Legal responsibility for the company to honour the Deed. Morals have little to do with anything airline management factor into their decision making. After all the years in the game you should know that, and with respect to the other SFO's at VA, they should have realised that as well.

From what I understand the ranks of the VA SFO's are mostly filled with highly experienced and capable international Wide-body pilots. How do those pilots who have been "jumped" by the likes of UAL Furlough (no offence meant) feel about that? I mean, have the company explained to the more "senior" SFO's in VA the reasons for them being bypassed, due to the superior merit of the ones that have been promoted.

You see, it's all well and good to wax on lyrical about the virtues of merit. But who decides? Is the process transparent? If the abilities of the VA SFO's are to be believed, and personally I do believe, then why should there be a problem in giving the opportunity to qualify to the "first cab off the rank" after the 4/7ths of current VB pilots have been offered their go?

If UAL Furlough was in fact the most "senior" of the VA SFO's, then I stand corrected. If not my question remains?