PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 19th Jun 2010, 03:36
rabidcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't figure a handful of hours in turbines with Bell was going to get me in anywhere, just thought it may look interesting on a resume. Maybe like, "hey this guy is really trying..." I dunno...

The reason for the turbine time was more because it would be fun and interesting, although a silly expensive way to keep the knowledge and skills up (taking $4k worth of a turbine class for a few hours). I am trying to anticipate a time when there is this large gap between training and actually landing a job as a copter pilot. Let's face it, I am grasping at straws here and not sure instructor is my kinda gig.

Ah and the GIS degree rationale. The way I worded that was sort of bad. I know you don't need or even really use any kinda GIS degree for firefighting. I have merely heard that some of the work that crosses with firefighting and such can utilize a GIS degree, but it is not obviously a prereq. Surveying and the seismic stuff etc, the way i understand it, can be a stepping stone in to the fire fighting career. Mayhaps I am mistaken... Trying to figure out what can give me an edge.

I speak some spanglish, would definitely have to brush up.

Thanks for the input.