PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bing-bong "This is your captain/flight attendant/whoever..."
Old 18th Jun 2010, 20:41
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agaricus bisporus

I would be indebted to you to learn where I brought into question the value of having passengers well briefed. Moreover, I explicitly stated that it's worthwhile paying attention to the safety tutorial.

The point that I was making was that I am unconvinced that msalama's assertion that most aviation deaths could have been prevented by passengers doing the right thing had good grounding. Furthermore, I would be happy to be refuted if you could render some substance to your claims.

Let me be quite clear about this. In a survivable accident, where the aircraft is intact and the personnel are still able to organise an orderly evacuation at 0 feet, the drill should be known. Whether it can be practised or not is questionable, but the number of people attempting to take their duty-free with them might be diminished. Slightly.

By and large, though, your chances of survival will depend upon whether you're at the back of an intact piece of aircraft, or if you're in First and the nose has broken clear, not if you know that you have a whistle.

SO
Sadly, Concorde went into a hotel