PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Salaries
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2010, 10:14
etro35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AV_Senior Eng, fancy writing something like that!!!!!! stop poking your chest out!!

You have done very well for yourself indeed. However, your tone is a little arrogant and you seem to be full of yourself to say the least. You didnt need to come on here gloating your figures about with a step by step walkthrough of your salaries, this is regarding Graduate salaries (i.e between graduateing and 1.5-2 years)

my salary has jumped considerably over the past 4.5 years...i guess like any profession if you're good you'll do well.
Who loves themself? - Seriously, who goes around openly admitting they are "good", those who genuinely are do not go around suggesting it, nor do they feel the need to. Good work from a good Engineer is reconized and it need not be mentioned....you remind me of a grad here who not so long ago introduced himself to a group of us saying "im high-calibre"...LOL, lets just say he wasnt and swiftly moved onto the MOD - the haven for some shocking Engineers!!

I think this is pretty good for a 27 year old

but just don't stay in the same place for more than 3 years
The Best Engineers are driven by their work, not by money. Money is a factor, as with everything; but generally all Engineering salaries are comfy, so do not become the driving force of ones life motivation...You will find the Best Engineers follow a program through to the end and have a serious amount of pride in their work.

There are a lot of engineers out there, but not many good ones
And let me guess, you are one of the good ones??

Hopping ship every 3 years...Directorships dont come from hopping around all your life. at some point you are going to have to demonstrate some sense of loyalty and pride in a company and stick around for a while.

Seriously dude, how big is your head??

And before anyone assumes im just disgruntled or jealous, let me assure you im not. I'm 24, My current employment package is £84,000 of which the equivilent of £61,000 is salary. The rest is housing+car. How d'ya like them apples

I think this is pretty good for a 24 year old