PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I realize businesses have to cut costs, but...
Old 17th Jun 2010, 15:55
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flexjet,

if only everyone would think along those lines. feel free to download something off my website, I'll send you my CV via PM

hawker750,

thanks for the reply, as said above I value any input.

I don't think brokers / operators etc. always "download" photographs being aware that it's illegal, so I'm also trying to clear things up for both sides.

As mentioned above, you can not legally hinder a photographer to take a photo of your jet, as long as he/she is on public land. Therefore a photographer needs no permission.

I have mentioned the Times Square / car analogy above. Think of all the photos with yellow cabs. They are on public streets, therefore anyone can take a photo of them without seeking permission.

Of course any photographer has to obey to your rules if he / she is on the ramp of a FBO, in a privately owned airport building or in your hangar.

---

Photographers (the few doing shoots in bizav) charge very reasonable fees for a high-quality product, that imho definitely helps to sell a jet.

I'm not sure how much commission a broker gets when selling a G-V or similar, but paying money to obtain a usage license for an image that's already been taken, which may cost a few hundred, is imho really not much of a deep cut into the costs.