PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I realize businesses have to cut costs, but...
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:24
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil I realize businesses have to cut costs, but...

Good afternoon everyone,

Excuse the slight rant, but I really felt like getting this off my chest after looking through this month's World Aircraft Sales Magazine.

Some of you know, I currently live off doing photo shoots and selling images to business aviation clientele, may these be brokers, operators or owners.

I realize keeping unnecessary costs down is important for anyone during these days, but when I see a good 30 percent of all photographs on avbuyer, controller and in the various magazines have just been downloaded off the internet and are used without photographers' permissions, I don't only loose out on a good chunk of income, but it's also downright illegal.

It seems that nearly every broker website, sales website or even websites of operators I come across contain one or muliple photographs (often mine!!) which are used without permission.

May be a sad sign of the times really, but stuff on the internet is not actually free (doh, I know ), and spending a couple of hundreds to pay for a high-quality photograph is not only the right thing to do, but also peanuts when you sell a 20 million Euro jet...

phew...that helped...cheers!