PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Soccer World Cup 2010 Thread
Old 15th Jun 2010, 09:31
Beta Light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keitaidenwa

Once again I am with Capetonian on this one. I worked in Chilli, South America, for an extended period of time. This took me around South America, including Brazil over night's. With Brazil and other South American country's there is no surprises. What you see is what you get.

My grype with 2010 was the promises we made and the promises made to us. I think when the FIFA members vote they were hoping that they giving a developing country a chance. Our wonderful Statesman Madiba did his magic, and we got the 2010 W.C. We promised FIFA and the World first world standards and huge development to the country's poorest.

As Madiba got older and Mbeki showed his incompetence I changed my mind from being pro World Cup to having reservations. Then came a president that had his hand so deep in the weapon procurement cookie jar, and got away on a technicality, and by the way, he is so happy that his H.I.V. test is negative!!

I then realize the W.C. is not what we need. We have bigger issues to deal with. In between Julius M reared his head, and is now temporarily gagged, but he'll be back.

Brazil and South America never pretend. We all know their short comings and they admit to it. FIFA knew who and what they were getting into with South America. But this time they betted on Madiba and an Invictus moment, what they got is a nightmare for there spin doctorsand P.R. department.

What will we get? Long term debt.