PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 14th Jun 2010, 14:06
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Risk vs Reward?

Declaring my vested interest up front - I was one of the batch of original trainees accepted into the scheme and given a conditional acceptance - the ONLY condition being that I had to complete my ATPLs in 3 months. I dropped everything and achieved this, sent off the results and then received a letter stating that the scheme was on hold and we would be contacted when it restarted. This makes me one of those screwed by QL who want us to a) go back to square one and re-apply and b) if we are re-accepted, do so under different terms and conditions.

Add to this past behaviour by QL, the changed conditions:
- you pay up front
- they are under no obligation to give you a job (competetive process, if and when)

and you appear to be putting up $18k in a complete gamble that something might happen in the future.

I'm sure plenty of people will apply, most (?) will get the job they want but be certain that when you sign up, you may be in for an expensive bill for 6 weeks of training that gives you nothing.

UTR.