PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Solo De-brief, Formal or Informal, Where, When?
Old 14th Jun 2010, 09:08
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This could be far more easily dealt with in the other thread, where comments can be seen in context and in full.

For a start, my comments were that of course you talk to the student about the flight and you do debrief them, but in a different way to how you would normally do it. You get the information from them (normally as they are blathering at a thousand miles per hour) and then you make comments where appropriate.
What I don't do is frog march them into a briefing room and start lecturing them on the finer points of filling tech logs or what being an aircraft commander means, as you intimated that you do immediately after a first solo.

I don't want this to become a tit for tat arguement between you and I and I'd rather you simply stated you case for doing something, rather than trying to pick apart my methods out of context. That way I can work out of you are actually an FI at all, or simply another in a long line of Pprune fantasists.