PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Soccer World Cup 2010 Thread
Old 14th Jun 2010, 07:19
evanb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beta Light, I think you friend is talking rubbish! Budweiser is the official beer, its the only beer you can get at any FIFA sanctioned event during the games! Heineken has nothing to do with Budweiser!

Capetonian, there are considerable issues around the long run sustainability issues with the stadia, I accept that. However, what I suggested is that we will have fewer issues than other previous hosts since we used fewer stadia and more existing stadia than any recent host!

ByAirMail, as an economist I would love to see those links!!! I raise the question about where you get this data since it has been discussed many times amongst economists yet nobody has actually produced any data to support the speculation. That said, it would be natural to think that the large majority of tax is paid by a minority of people since more than 60% of income is earned by less than 10% of South Africans. Fortunately, we live in a democracy and votes are allocated in proportion of income!!! By the way, if you believe everything on CNN you would probably also believe that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction! Oh you would also believe that not one of the stadia would be ready (they all were months before the World Cup started) amongst many other things!