PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia challenged by AFAP for CR FO pay
Old 13th Jun 2010, 11:06
rmcdonal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
campdoag: I was looking for a Job at the same time those SO positions came out. I know exactly how hard it was to get a job back then as I can count the number of applications I sent out and compare it to the number of replies I received. If these pilots decided that V Aus was the way to go then good on them, I got that call and said no after they told me how little the pay would be. Sure it would be great for EVERYONE if they got a pay rise, but this just seems like they are trying to say "because my title has FO in it I must be an FO", if we use that call then the "deputy -Prime Minister-" must be the "-Prime Minister-" because it's in his title. Cruise FO is just a fancy way of saying SO.

Sure unity would be great, but every time anyone talks about it all we hear is 89 rhetoric, how great Ansett was, and why AIPA is the best for every one. This is all great History that should not be forgotten, but we are 20 years in the future and need to move on.
AFAP is the name of a Pilot union, it is made up of pilot members, it doesn't have its own opinion (sure its staff may), it does what is is told by its members, its members pay fees that pay lawyers that offer advise to keep pilots out of trouble. It doesn't say 'you must sign this agreement or else' it sais "our professional advise is to sign as that is the best option we can come up with using our resources". Remember that negotiations are done using your elected pilots, AFAP provide legal support and advice.

As far as my spine goes, it keeps my head held high when people ask me what I am doing for pilots in my company .