PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spicejet - Maran buying 51% stake?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2010, 05:09
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Marans have laid their hands in all profitable business till now. They have monopoly in the cable TV and DTH indutry in Tamil Nadu. They bought a high selling news daily. Ofcourse their Cable channels are very popular and profitable. As always in politics a lot of arm twisting and back room "not very clean negotiations" are involved to buy businesses at less than market value. Nothing surprising.

The same family also was rumored to be starting an airline in Tamil Nadu but it has come to surprise me that they have instead bought a huge stake in Spice Jet.

From a pilot's point of view i dont know whether this is good or bad. A fair amount of back door appointments for flying and ground duties are to be expected. Hey but then, when has this not been around in this industry?

Over all i say this is a positive move for spice Jet because the Maran family has the CLOUT and FINANCE to stabilize the ailrine. Expect more profits for Spice Jet in the coming years. (at whose expense is the question )