PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Emirates Road Show Dates & Destinations
Old 11th Jun 2010, 21:29
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, valid points there Skyvan bit you can say that about any job in any industry in any part of the world right now.
Take my Mrs for example. She started a job a few years ago now in the City with the promise of rapid promotion through the ranks, a stable salary structure with increments every year etc etc with a VERY reputable organisation. Nearly three years down the line - not a sniff of a promotion, has had her paycut and contract changed without negotiation including removal of nearly all benefits and not a single increment in her salary. Sound familiar??!! The World is ****e right now and it just a case of trying to find where is less ****e to try and settle with that.
She's understandably looking round but so far everything that comes up is for a 3 month contract here, 3 month contract there. In Dubai - they are crying out for people in her role, pay nearly 3 times as much with full benefits package you name it. Obviously that is all subject to change, however one of her best mates from her current company went out there a year or so ago and can't get enough of it, has 10 times a better lifestyle than we have in the UK.
As a young couple (mid twenties) with no kids, two potential big incomes, free housing and all else that goes with it the Emirates/Etihad and Dubai thing is a massive pull for us. However if you trawl some of my previous posts on the subject we're not being blinded by the sales pitch and this is a very careful and considered process.
However, back to the topic. Keep the info coming and if you'd prefer to PM they are much appreciated. Like I said I'm not a lazy sod just couldn't get to any of the meetings cos FR are flying me too hard!! But I aint complaining