PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Pilot's Award ... Duty Times
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 13:35
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
The replies in this thread tell the reader a lot about how much "real world" (ie: outside of aviation) experience you guys have.

"Ordinary time" and "Ordinary hours of work" mean the hours that are included in your salary or wages. In the mining industry, that's 35 hours per week.

I worked 50-60 hours every week when I was mining and I knew that I would get paid 35 hours at "normal time", then he rest at double time. In addition, I would get 25% loading (x 35 hours) as a casual, and 25% loading (x 35 hours) for working night shift.

Aviation seems to be a little different to that

If you are working a 90 hour duty fortnight you are entitled to 38 hours pay at your normal rate, then 14 hours at the penalty rate (normally 1.5 times or 2.0 times the ordinary rate). That's what "ordinary" means. It's not about averaging it over a year - where does it say that in the award?

Are you going to wait until 30 June each year to go back and claim your overtime? Of course not.

Sumdumguy said:
The feds cop a lot of stick at times but I think they had a great result with that award.
What did the Frds have to do with it?