PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK orders 32 more A380's(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2010, 12:54
ManaDubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh...

Open skies = Good for Dubai, good for EK and good for the air travellers as it provides lower fares and a quality product. I do agree it’s not so good for EK competitors that have a cost base that is severely higher than EKs. There is no doubt that many of the traditional legacy carriers will have trouble keeping in the air as a result of this. However I think the interests of the average consumer should be put before the interests of legacy carriers that are not able to adjust to new times.

Business friendly or as I put it aviation friendly = Low taxes, great infrastructure, easy and fast decision making process. This makes it easier for EK to compete, and makes EK a more profitable company that can offer lower fares than most of it competitors.

Cheap =? I never wrote anything about Dubai being cheap, but after the financial crisis good house accommodation has certainly become very affordable. The point and the argument I think you refer to is my point regarding EKs low cost base. That is explained above. EK also have lower wage costs than European and American competitors because of the 0% income tax, or as I put it a business friendly climate. Dubai has done and is doing a lot to attract business and skilful workers, I was just referring to why that is and has been essential for EKs success.

I did not refer to how you might feel it is to live in Dubai whether you have problems with the people, traffic, treating of women or any of the other known complaints about this place. That was not the point of my post. I just pointed out why EK does not get and does not need subsidies, and why EK has become the most successful airline of the 21st century.

Last edited by ManaDubai; 11th Jun 2010 at 13:15.