PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man fires at helicopter (or .... Welcome to "RotorBlast". Do not enter if .... etc)
Old 26th Jul 2002, 15:04
Flare Dammit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"attackattackattack" sniped:
How do we solve the problem of gun violence in NI - no idea. Better men than me have tried and failed to find a solution. How do we limit it? Well a good start would be restricting the opportunities to walk into a US store and buying a Minimi or a Browning .50 sniper weapon.

Talk about an outrageous troll of a post!

Somehow, I doubt that people in N.Ireland are being armed on a large scale by individual sympathetic U.S. citizens walking into U.S. gun stores and buying assault rifles and sending them overseas. No, the guns are coming in bulk from...somewhere. The U.S.? Maybe. But if they're being bought in bulk, again, it's not by individuals purchasing them from the local gun store. How naive can you possibly be?

Problem is, guns are made all over the world. Stop the production in the U.S. and South American production will ramp up to meet the demand. Or Italy. Or Germany. Blaming the U.S. for the "gun problem" in N.Ireland is just bloody preposterous.

"attackattackattack" says that to find a solution for the N.I. situation, better men than he have tried? I don't doubt that for one second. Back under the bridge, you troll!