PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man fires at helicopter (or .... Welcome to "RotorBlast". Do not enter if .... etc)
Old 26th Jul 2002, 14:27
attackattackattack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the British solve the problem of gun violence in Northern Irleand, then maybe we can learn how to apply the same principles on our side of the salt water divide. Afterall, the homicide rate in Northern Ireland is 20% greater than the US. How many hundred years this been going on?
This possibly counts as one of the more outrageous trolls I've seen on this site. I've been biting my tongue determined not to rise to it but - hey, what the hell!

One of the most significant sources for the firearms that cause so much grief in the province has been the United States. That the US is a favoured shopping mall for the lunatics and fanatics on both sides of the divide in Northern Ireland is not because of local sympathies with the aforementioned nutters (although this does play a role), but because they're easy to get hold of and cheap.

How do we solve the pronblem of gun violence in NI - no idea. Better men than me have tried and failed to find a solution. How do we limit it? Well a good start would be restricting the opportunities to walk into a US store and buying a Minimi or a Browning .50 sniper weapon.