PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 12:42
BellBoy796

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADA Insider

I've been following this thread for a while and am reading a lot of guesswork about ADA. I've been with them for years and still here, so have obviously worked out a way to make it work for me.

Some wonder why ADA pilots don't contribute to this thread and I've have thought the reason would be obvious. First, our management reads PPRUNE too and any criticism of the company to 'outsiders' would go hard. Second; Supply and Demand. Why would we encourage more pilots to join ADA when a shortage means job security and the possibility of a pay hike?

I'm working in a foreign country where the people who write my cheques don't care about many of the things I do, professionally or otherwise, and I've had to adapt. It is often NOT easy to make the sacrifices necessary and I've seen literally hundreds of pilots and engineers come and go who weren't willing to sacrifice or adapt enough to stick it out, but take ADA as it is, not as it should be, and you'll be fine.

If you're willing to come over with a positive attitude, stay out of the politics and just do your job, you'll be fine. It's not easy to stay positive when it's 45 on the ramp, you're melting all over your un-airconditioned cockpit and your start is delayed another 20 minutes, but that's why it's called a JOB. Just think of that nice income meter running and the fact that you're going home on leave in only 41 days!

Any of you potential ADA employees want a PM, drop me a line.