PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK orders 32 more A380's(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2010, 07:59
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
So basically your entire argument consists of quoting what Emirates less sucessful competitors say about it, whilst they argue with their governments to restrict free trade, and that is an example of EMIRATES employing unfair trading practices?

Emirates may be wholly owned by the Dubai government, but it does not attract a soverign credit rating. What Jackson said was just plane wrong. Have a look at the ratings of other Government ownded companies like Emar. they reflect the commercial reality of those busniesses (which is to say, lousy!!)

EVERY government negotiates traffic rights and other advantages for it's idgigenous businesses. Why do you think Qantas lobbys so hard and so successfully to keep any competitor from competing against it on the Pacific? You quote how the Canadian government is being overtly protectionist towards Canadian Airlines.

The threat to close the Canadian base was, I agree, clumsy and ultimatley couter-productive. But governments everywhere use any amount of leverage and horse trading to bolster there own interests.

Neither UAE no any GCC has open sky policy
Please support that assertion.

. Monopoly does not create excellence for any company, does it?
No, which is why standars at protected airline like Qantas and Canadian are often cited as being sub-standard.

I am not saying Emirates has low demand globally, it does, but this huge amount of profit comes from unfair competition,
I would say that Emirates biggest advantage is the ability to pay its staff in a tax free environment. Is there a reason it should NOT do so?

how Emirates is able to make huge profits when more than 90% of airlines make losses! Is this magic?
By offering a desirable product from a strategic position.

especially Dubai is being hit hard by the financial crisis and made a statement that it is on default by asking delay to pay its debit.
Dubai has debt it cannot repay. EK does not.

Please do not tell me that a tribal mentality can fight fairly because a tribal person will only fight when he is stronger and knows his competitors are weaker.
Today
Unlike business people elswhere in the world who line up to help their less fortunate competitors......